Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme offers short courses, workshops and conferences as ongoing education for professionals. These courses take place outside the formal academic programmes offered at UCT for degree purposes.
Engineering professionals registered in South Africa are required to undertake CPD activities in terms of agreements between the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) and international engineering bodies. This requirement is aimed at helping professionals keep abreast of developments and knowledge in their fields of expertise to maintain and demonstrate their competence. This is also a requirement for the renewal of their professional registration.
Although these courses are designed to benefit people in their professional and vocational activities, students and the general public may also benefit. For more details about the CPD courses, please visit: www.cpd.uct.ac.za
More about our CPD courses
- There are generally no formal academic-qualification entrance requirements to the courses.
- A certificate of attendance or of successful completion, where an examination is passed, is normally issued.
- Some courses may be undertaken outside normal working hours, while others may require full-time attendance for a number of days.
- Courses may also be run on an in-house basis for companies, if requested.
- Courses are recognised by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) for CPD points.